Korda Studios (in Hungarian: Korda Filmstúdió) is a film studio complex 26 km west of Budapest in the wine-making village of Etyek; hence the media nickname Etyekwood. It is built on the site of a former barracks.
The studio is named after Sir Alexander Korda, Hungarian born British film producer and director and screenwriter, who founded his own film production studios and film distribution company, Denham Film Studios in Buckinghamshire, England.
Korda Studios were inaugurated in April 2007. Altogether six studios were built from a total budget of 90 million Euros. It boasts a sound stage of 5,975 square metres (64,314 sq feet) which is claimed to be the biggest of its kind in the world. The „superstage” was delivered in 2009. The entire project was financed from private capital investment. The main shareholders are Sándor Demján, Andy Vajna, Peter Munk and Nathaniel Philip Rothschild.
Specialising in designing film studios, Bastien and Associates Inc. of the United States made the architectural designs and Iparterv Épülettervező Zrt. of Budapest made the permit designs and as-built plans. The investors originally planned to implement the project in three phases. The studios use the most developed technology and feature all supporting service facilities including wardrobes, make-up rooms and offices. The complex also has a 50-seat screening room.
The first film produced at Korda Studios was Hellboy II: The Golden Army of Universal Studios, directed by Guillermo del Toro. Most scenes of television series The Last Kingdom, originally produced by the BBC and later by Netflix, was also filmed here; in early January 2018, it will start pre-production for Series 4.
• 6 state of the art sound stages on 15,000 square metres
• One of the biggest soundstages in the world with an area of 6,000 square metres and net buildable height of 20 m
• More than 2,800 square metres of production accommodations
• Nearly 7,000 square metres of warehouse and workshop areas
• 15 hectares (37 acres) of empty backlot space suitable for set construction
• 10 hectares of backlot sets: New York, Renaissance and Medieval
Studios and sizes
Korda Studios has 6 state of the art sound stages meeting the industry’s highest level of expectations:
• All stages are soundproof and allow for direct sound recording
• Built-in lighting and scenic bridges with rigging points are able to hold 500 kg per intersection points, and 200 kg per sections
• Silent ventilation and full climate control
• Independent and redundant high voltage power network
• Redundant fiber optic network and WIFI
• Fire detection and extinguishing system
• Remote controlled smoke extraction
• Attached dimmer and local storage rooms
• Direct access to production buildings
• Large elephant doors
Stage 1: 1946 square metre. 49.4 x 39.4 metre. 10.75 metre internal height including 10 x 10 x 4 metre watertank
Stage 2: 1769 square metre. 49.4 x 39.4. 10.75 metre internal height
Stage 3: 1769 square metre. 49.4 x 39.4. 10.75 metre internal height
Stage 4: 961 square metre. 24.4 x 39.4. 10.75 metre internal height
Stage 5: 2205 square metre. 37 x 59.6. 13.75 metre internal height
Stage 6: 5856 square metre. 96 x 61. 20 metre internal height
• im Jahr 2017 hat man in Budapest etw 300 Filme gedreht.
• man hat 200 Tonnen Sand zum Film the Martian bewegt, damit es aussieht, als Matt Damon auf Mars wäre